Sunday, October 4, 2015

What's The Story In The Staffing Industry?

When it was time to celebrate, Aerotek focused on their temporary and contract workers.
AEROTEK is one of those companies that provides staffing services for companies in various areas, mostly in business offices, but also in such areas as engineering, construction, call centers, etc. There is an office in the Baltimore area and it's considered a great place to work.

National Staffing Employee Week  occurred at the end of September, so it's only natural that Aerotek would check in with an article about the staffing industry, along with an appreciation of their own employees, who staff the companies that this organization serves.



According to this company, "Every week, more than 100,000 Aerotek contract employees keep organizations running across America's most critical industries - from aerospace and defense to accounting and construction."

Let's take a look at some of the roles and percentages of those who work as temporary and contract employees. Approximately 3.24 million people work in these jobs every week; that's 2.9% more than at this time last year. About 35% are in such highly skilled occupations as managerial, health care (that's what I did), technical, IT, and science careers. Another 37% worked in all types of industrial careers and the remainder, 28% worked in various office jobs.

And the field continues to grow, with more people working with staffing companies each quarter out of the past 23, except for one. According to Cynthia Poole and Steve Bercham of the AMERICAN STAFFING ASSOCIATION, "Temporary and contract employees report extraordinarily high satisfaction, with 9 out of 10 (92%) giving top marks to their staffing firm."

Actually, National Staffing Employee Week celebrates more than numbers. It celebrates the individuals who do the work at the organizations with which staffing companies work. Some people utilize the experience at a staffing company to check out their assigned company for a future position. That's what happened with Melissa, who says, "The staff at my local Aerotek office have given me one of the best experiences with a staffing agency I have ever had. I am now at a company where I am very happy, and it fits my personality perfectly."

Sometimes a staffing company becomes a port in a storm, so to speak, say when an employee has to pick up and move suddenly, and ends up in a new location without a job. That was similar to Ashley's situation. She says, "I had to move on short notice and was unable to transfer with my current job. Aerotek... was able to find me a job right away.[They] took time to evaluate my skills and get me ready for interviews."

Staffing companies give their workers support outside of the structure of their work site. According to Sheila, "My recruiter...kept in touch with me during my contract assignment and showed an interest in how I was doing on the job." She is most thankful for the contact with understanding recruiters, who knew a considerable amount about her field of work, which was in the sciences. She continues, "I have been blessed to have two great recruiters working with me to establish great opportunities where I can give back in my area of expertise within my community."

One of Aerotek's recruitment posters for workers for the Toyota Boshoku plant in  Evansville.
As you can see, there are myriad reasons why people choose to work with staffing companies. It's important for these types of organizations to be very people friendly and provide a wide variety of experiences for those who work for their contracted organizations.

Tara Bellingar won an award from CorpMagazine as a Diversity Business Leader.
Thanks to this blog article from Aerotek: http://www.aerotek.com/about-aerotek/staffing-news/the-stats-and-stories-behind-national-staffing-employee-week/1067; and the above links.

Graphics for t-shirts, mugs, buttons, etc.
Click here to visit aditya.

No comments:

Post a Comment